• November 16Thanksgiving Break November 20th thru 24th

• November 16Early Dismissal 11/17/17 @ 1:00!!

• October 23Turkey Bowl: Friday, November 17th!!

2017 World Series

Dylan Groves, Editor

Groves 1

2017 World Series

The World Series is the annual championship series of MLB that has been going on for more than 100 years and is determined best of seven games  games. In the franchise’s 56th season, the Houston Astros are finally champions after closing out the Los Angeles Dodgers with a 5-1 win in Game 7. It was a Series defined by relief pitching and home runs and Game 7 had both. Neither starting pitcher made it out of the third inning with the teams combining to use eight relievers. The Astros offence was powered to victory by George Springer, the team’s center fielder. He homered for the fourth consecutive game, and tied Reggie Jackson and Chase Utley for the most home runs in a single World Series with five homeruns.

Until last night the Astros had never won a World Series in their franchise history. There were many people in tears after the Astros won the World Series. For some of these players this World Series will be the first of many World Series titles and for some it will be there only World Series title.  The Astros catcher Evan Gattis was once a janitor for his nearby middle school, 10 years later he won a World Series with the Houston Astros changing his life forever.

The Los Angeles Dodgers had not won the World Series since 1988 and last night they were hoping to get their 7th World Series title. Many people will be sad to see the Dodgers lose the World Series to the Astros in their own stadium in game 7. The Dodgers were the team to beat in this year’s World Series. The Dodgers general manager after the game said this, “I told them how much there is to be proud of. We fell short, but we accomplished a lot this season. It was great to see our guys come together as a team, as a special group of men.

This year’s World Series was one of the best ever played and watched in MLB history. These two teams combine to break numerous World Series records. Every single game of this series you were on the edge of your seat because you didn’t know if the game was over because as soon as you thought it was over the team that was losing would tie the game somehow or would be losing by one run. While I was watching the last game of the World Series the Astros were winning 5-1 and I thought that the Dodgers were going to come back because in every other game the last inning was were the Dodgers scored their most points. But they failed to comeback in the last inning closing out the 2017 World Series. Soon after the Astros selected Jorge Springer the center fielder as their World Series MVP. The Astros are now World Series Champs.

1 Comment

One Response to “2017 World Series”

1. John on November 3rd, 2017 11:41 am

Why not hockey?

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• 2017 World Series

Showcase

Hawaiian Vacation Raffle

• 2017 World Series

Sacred Heart News and Events

Veterans Day Program

• 2017 World Series

Photography

A Battle in the Sky

• 2017 World Series

Showcase

Popcorn and Pickles for Priests

• 2017 World Series

Showcase

Importance of Catholic Education

• 2017 World Series

Sacred Heart Catholic School

Sacred Heart Students Go to Chaco Canyon!!

• 2017 World Series

Showcase

Hawaiian Vacation Raffle

• 2017 World Series

Sacred Heart News and Events

Blast to the Past: National History Day

• 2017 World Series

Sacred Heart News and Events

Christmas Lunch

• 2017 World Series

Sacred Heart News and Events

November Server List

2017 World Series